Learn to Dance with Robin Windsor at Ipswich School of Dancing on Saturday, October 14
- Credit: Archant
Tickets are selling fast for a Robin Windsor dance workshop at the Ipswich School of Dancing. Find out how to buy them here.
The Learn to Dance with Robin Windsor event takes place at the venue in Bond Street on Saturday, October 14, from 8pm-11pm.
Aged just three years old, the Strictly Come Dancing and West End star had his first-ever dance lesson at the Ipswich School of Dancing.
He said: “The Ipswich School of Dancing have invited me back to the dance school where it all began for me. I will be hosting a dance class followed by an evening of dance and entertainment. I will be waltzing everybody around the dance floor. There are some tickets still available.
“It’s for all ages and all standards, whether you are a beginner or advanced. Come down for a great evening of entertainment and fun with me.”
He said Strictly Come Dancing and other high-profile dancing programmes continue to elevate the popularity of dancing.
“Ballroom dancing has jumped right to the forefront of any kind of social activity. Strictly now has 10 million viewers every week and it is just going from strength to strength,” he said.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 6 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 10 Travellers move on from Chantry Park in Ipswich
“Not only is ballroom dancing great fun, it is a great social outlet to meet other people, you are exercising, if you are coming as a couple, it is a great skill to learn as a couple, and of course you can come on your own and still have an incredible time because you get to socialise with some fantastic people.”
He said ballroom dancing can be addictive, adding: “A lot of men are a little resistant to come to dance classes, and they get dragged along by their wives or partners, but it is funny: they are the ones who actually love it the most. They can’t wait to come back for next time, so I would encourage all the men out there just to get down to one class. It is like Pringles; once you’ve popped, you can’t stop.”
• Learn to dance with Robin Windsor
• Tuition: 8-9pm
• Meet, greet and party until 11pm
• Buffet included
• Selfies welcome
• Tickets cost £25 per person
Alternatively, call the Ipswich School of Dancing on 01473 251323.