Leisure centre closed after fire
MID Suffolk Leisure Centre, in Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, is closed today after a fire.All the electrical systems are down while work is undertaken to repair damage caused by an electrical fire.
MID Suffolk Leisure Centre, in Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, is closed today after a fire.
All the electrical systems are down while work is undertaken to repair damage caused by an electrical fire.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk fire service said crews from Needham Market and Stowmarket were called to the centre shortly after 7am.
A small fire had broken out in the plant room.
The spokeswoman said two breathing apparatus and a water fog were used. The fire was declared under control at 7.45am.
The management and staff at the leisure centre offer their apologies to disappointed customers, hoping to use the comprehensive facilities.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 7 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 8 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 9 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 10 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
Work will carry on around the clock to ensure the earliest possible return to full operations.