Lessons hit the big screen
LIGHTS, camera, action – this classroom has been converted into a state-of-the-art cinema. Northgate High School, in Sidegate Lane, Ipswich, has converted one of its classrooms with state-of-the-art home cinema equipment.
LIGHTS, camera, action – this classroom has been converted into a state-of-the-art (class) cinema.
Northgate High School, in Sidegate Lane, Ipswich, has converted one of its classrooms with state-of-the-art home cinema equipment.
And headteacher Neil Watts is very enthusiastic about the new system.
He said: "It's quite an exciting development really. We believe it's an unusual feature for a 6th form.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a healthy interest in extra-curricular activities as well as the new film studies subject which will be available from 2003.
"We won't put on a course unless we feel we have full and proper facilities to teach it and this cinema is part of the film studies subject."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
Mr Watts said English and media students would also make good use of the facility, as well as a new after-school film club.
The set-up uses surround sound a video projector and a DVD player to create an authentic feel.
But if this all seems a little luxurious for playtime, you may be surprised that children in the cinema will all be hard at work.
The new facilities will enable the students to pick up on details in far more detail than would otherwise be available.