Level crossing death: Man in court
A MAN has appeared in court today charged with the manslaughter of a woman who died on a railway track.Darren Palmer, 38, of Clacton, Essex, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court and was remanded in custody.
A MAN has appeared in court today charged with the manslaughter of a woman who died on a railway track.
Darren Palmer, 38, of Clacton, Essex, did not enter a plea when he appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court and was remanded in custody.
British Transport Police said Palmer was charged last night following the death of Clacton 29-year-old Kelly Mack last Thursday.
She died instantly after being hit by a train travelling at about 50mph at a level crossing at Hythe Gate in Colchester at about 7.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Palmer will appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on June 23.
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
- 10 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood