Ipswich man, 39, accused of ABH and rape
An Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of beating up and raping a woman.
Levi Davis has been charged with two counts of rape and one count of assault occasioning actual bodily harm against a woman in Ipswich last weekend.
The 39-year-old, of Gippeswyk Road, Ipswich, appeared in custody before magistrates on Monday, via video link from Martlesham Heath police investigation centre.
He spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Prosecutor Lesla Small said the rape charges were triable only by jury, and asked magistrates to commit the entire matter to the crown court.
You may also want to watch:
Davis is alleged to have raped and assaulted a woman at an address in Ipswich on Saturday, March 30.
He was remanded in custody until a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on April.
- 1 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 2 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 3 Man Tasered by police while armed with knife is jailed
- 4 Video captures car engulfed by inferno of flames in Morrisons car park
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'kind-hearted' Ipswich council worker of 25 years
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Driver taken to hospital after BMW ploughs into tree
- 8 Council investigating 'frustrating' Ipswich hum bothering residents
- 9 Could a change in bus services help keep passengers moving post-Covid?
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused