Levington described as latrine
NICKNAMED the Levington latrine, this lay-by is clearly overflowing with rubbish.Even a council refuse team found there was too much trash for their little Landrover.
NICKNAMED the Levington latrine, this lay-by is clearly overflowing with rubbish.
Even a council refuse team found there was too much trash for their little Landrover.
Now Suffolk Coastal Council is having to call in a lorry and a skip to remove the rubbish.
One Evening Star reader described it as a latrine when they wrote in to the paper after we exposed the state of filthy Felixstowe.
You may also want to watch:
But a council spokesman said the lay-by would not be allowed to go down the pan and promised an immediate bout of spring cleaning.
He said: "We are aware of it, but because there's so much rubbish there it wasn't something our normal hit squad was able to tackle with their Landrover.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 8 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 9 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 10 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
"It's top of our list and we will be clearing it as soon as we can."
Among the debris left by the side of the old Ipswich to Felixstowe road are duvets, car parts and old photographs.
The council spokesman condemned fly-tippers and called for public help to deter the dumpers.
He said: "It's absolutely disgraceful that it's there in the first place – there's no excuse for it.
"The tip is open seven days a week and this site is a matter of a couple of miles from Foxhall.
"If a member of the public sees anyone dumping stuff, take down their registration number and ring us on 01394 444306.
"It's possible that we may be able to prosecute the dumper if we're tipped off."
The spokesman also urged people to get in touch if they spot dumped rubbish that needs clearing. Rubbish can be reported by calling 01394 444015.
N What do you think of flytipping? Write in to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk