Lifeboats search for missing youth
TWO lifeboat crews were called out this morning to search for a teenager reported missing from Shotley Gate.The youth was last seen down by the shoreline in the early hours and fears were expressed for his safety.
TWO lifeboat crews were called out this morning to search for a teenager reported missing from Shotley Gate.
The youth was last seen down by the shoreline in the early hours and fears were expressed for his safety.
The Harwich-based RNLI inshore lifeboat was called out at 5.30am and after making an initial search of the river area around Shotley, the all-weather lifeboat was also launched at 7.25am to join the hunt, both crews liaising with people searching on shore.
Keith Churchman, press officer for the RNLI at Harwich, said: “Police alerted us because people feared the youth had gone into the water.
“We carried on searching until he was found, safe and well, in a garden at Shotley, around 8.45am.”
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season