Lighter fluid thrown in girl's eyes
A NINE-year-old Suffolk girl is in hospital today after a gang of youths almost blinded her.Doctors are checking the damage to the youngster's eyes after the yobs are believed to have thrown lighter fluid in her face.
A NINE-year-old Suffolk girl is in hospital today after a gang of youths almost blinded her.
Doctors are checking the damage to the youngster's eyes after the yobs are believed to have thrown lighter fluid in her face.
The incident happened at about 8pm yesterday as the girl was walking along a residential street.
It is believed three youths targeted the schoolgirl as she walked along Wollaston Road, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Paramedics were called to treat the young girl and she was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston, by ambulance.
Doctors are today waiting to see if the girl has any lasting damage.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 3 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 5 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 6 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 7 Central Ipswich office tower could be converted into more than 100 flats
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Power cuts in Ipswich leave businesses closed
- 10 'Large stones' thrown at lorry from A14 bridge near Ipswich
Police are investigating the incident and are eager to track down the three boys who are believed to be responsible for this horrific attack.
Detective Inspector Phil Aves said: "This appears to be a mindless assault on a young child, and has caused a great deal of distress and discomfort to the victim.
"I would appeal for anyone who witnessed the assault or who has any information to contact Lowestoft police. I would also appeal for the young lads involved to come forward so this matter can be resolved."
Anyone who has information about this matter should contact Lowestoft Police Station on 01986 835100 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.