An Ipswich piano teacher has released a Christmas song - listen here
- Credit: Archant
Phil Jackson, who is a singer/song-writer, has released his own festive track ‘Christmas in the Habit’.
The song, which took Phil just 30 minutes to create, can be downloaded for £1 and all funds will go towards Prostate Cancer UK and Crisis.
The piano teacher said: “My father died of prostate cancer back in 2002. He was always Father Christmas for local schools and for the family, so the idea of doing a Christmas song for him came from that.
“I also might be susceptible to the illness one day so that is another reason for choosing the charity. My dad was a big influence on me and who I am, a lot of people say I am like him.
“He liked all my music, him and my mum were always behind it. I think he would like this song a lot, he liked the lighter side of my songs. He was a ballroom dancer so if it was something he could dance to he would love it.
You may also want to watch:
“I also picked Crisis as this time of year there are so many homeless people. Crisis have a scheme where you can give a homeless person three hot meals at Christmas, somewhere to stay and health care if needed.”
Mr Jackson aims to raise £500 with his song but hopes it will be more.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 6 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk
He added: “A lot of my songs are on iTunes and Spotify but it is hard to make money from them. So I just thought what can I do with this song which will help people. My song will have some reason for the first time, it has woken me up to the power of a song.”