London to Brighton charity walk for Suffolk fundraisers in memory of Ipswich woman Vicky Woollard
- Credit: Archant
Five fundraisers are taking on the London to Brighton charity walk in memory of an Ipswich woman who died suddenly aged 45 last year.
Vicky Woollard, described as “loving and caring” by her family, died at Colchester General Hospital while receiving treatment in the critical care unit last June.
Mark Adams, 56, of Ipswich, who was her boyfriend, and four friends have entered the London to Brighton 100km challenge over the May 27/28 weekend.
They are hoping to raise £14,000 to buy a mobile ventilator for the hospital.
Mr Adams said: “The mobile ventilator will help them move around people who can’t breathe unaided.”
He is joined by Steve Wood, headteacher at Clifford Road Primary School, his sister Joanna Wood, and Jonathan Buss and Steve Dixon.
Mr Wood said: “We’re doing this in memory of Vicky. We hope we reach our target.”
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 3 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 4 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 5 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 8 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 9 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 10 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
To donate, chose one of the following JustGiving links: