Lorry driver dies in A14 crash
A LORRY driver has died after his vehicle collided with another lorry on the A14.The accident happened moments after a crash happened on the opposite side of the carriageway heading in the Ipswich direction of the busy Suffolk road.
A LORRY driver has died after his vehicle collided with another lorry on the A14.
The accident happened moments after a crash happened on the opposite side of the carriageway heading in the Ipswich direction of the busy Suffolk road.
Emergency services were called shortly after 6.30am to a lorry which had jack-knifed and hit a van on the A14 at the junction with the A142, near to Newmarket.
Although no-body was hurt in this accident the two lorries travelling in the opposite direction, towards Cambridge, then crashed and one of the drivers was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the second lorry was taken to West Suffolk Hospital, in Bury St Edmunds.
The road is closed in both directions while the vehicles are cleared and investigations are carried out.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing