Lorry overturns on A12 at Stratford
A TRUCKER was taken to hospital today after his lorry overturned in Stratford St Mary.The accident happened at about 11.10am on the northbound slip road which leads to the A12 dual carriageway.
A TRUCKER was taken to hospital today after his lorry overturned in Stratford St Mary.
The accident happened at about 11.10am on the northbound slip road which leads to the A12 dual carriageway.
Traffic signs and the crash barrier were damaged in the incident.
The male driver of the DAF Y-reg articulated lorry managed to free himself from his vehicle after his lorry overturned and hit the crash barrier.
The driver suffered minor cuts and bruises and was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
A rapid response vehicle and police all attended the accident.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 7 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 8 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 9 Pair deny involvement in amphetamine and cannabis dealing
- 10 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
The lorry is expected to remain on the slip road for some time until a crane arrives to remove the wreckage.
Although the truck was partially blocking the road, access to the A12 was still possible and traffic was able to pass unhindered.