Lorry overturns on A12 at Stratford
A TRUCKER was taken to hospital today after his lorry overturned in Stratford St Mary.The accident happened at about 11.10am on the northbound slip road which leads to the A12 dual carriageway.
A TRUCKER was taken to hospital today after his lorry overturned in Stratford St Mary.
The accident happened at about 11.10am on the northbound slip road which leads to the A12 dual carriageway.
Traffic signs and the crash barrier were damaged in the incident.
The male driver of the DAF Y-reg articulated lorry managed to free himself from his vehicle after his lorry overturned and hit the crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
The driver suffered minor cuts and bruises and was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance.
A rapid response vehicle and police all attended the accident.
- 1 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 4 Man in 30s dies in serious crash between two cars in Wherstead
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Anger as vandals destroy nursery garden
- 9 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 10 End of an era as Ipswich Debenhams closes
The lorry is expected to remain on the slip road for some time until a crane arrives to remove the wreckage.
Although the truck was partially blocking the road, access to the A12 was still possible and traffic was able to pass unhindered.