Lottery cash funds play area revamp
Youngsters in part of Felixstowe are today enjoying a new range of fun equipment - thanks to the unveiling of a �75,000 project to revamp a play park.
FELIXSTOWE: Youngsters in part of Felixstowe are today enjoying a new range of fun equipment - thanks to the unveiling of a �75,000 project to revamp a play park.
The scheme at Langer Park was paid for by the Big Lottery Fund, which gave Suffolk Coastal council �209,000 for three schemes to provide more facilities for young people.
Cabinet member Doreen Savage officially opened the new play area.
She said: “Suffolk Coastal has always had a very strong vision for creating diverse and interesting opportunities for play and this latest project is a brilliant addition for young people in the district.
You may also want to watch:
“The other two projects supported by the Big lottery fund were the Go With The Flow youth bus, a mobile youth centre able to travel to rural locations across the district, and the cycle track and play area in Rendlesham Forest.
“They are already proving to be very popular and I hope that the new play area in Langer Park will also see young people of all ages benefiting from it.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 4 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 8 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
The council's play strategy has been put together with help from community groups and young people and aims to provide exciting places for them to play, challenge themselves and develop new skills.
“The new area will provide a further play area where young people can come to enjoy themselves and burn off some energy,” said Mrs Savage.
“The Langer Park play area follows the newly-opened skatepark at Orwell Green and promises to be a great addition for the young people of Felixstowe.
“I look forward to a large number of people enjoying the area and hope they get a lot of use out of it, having fun with family and friends.”
Are Felixstowe's playpark facilities up to scratch or should more equipment be provided? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org