Major boost for Ipswich Village
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road.
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.
An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road. It will also include a three-storey building with 46 flats fronting Russell Road, opposite the new building currently being constructed for TXU Energi.
The application has been registered by property developers, North West Estates, and the freehold of the building would be owned by the Mars Pension Fund.
Next month construction work starts on the new Crown Court building between Russell Road and West End Road, opposite the Princes Street fire station.
The offices planned for the site have already attracted attention from legal firms preparing to move near the town's major court centre.
Ipswich Village is the area around the football club stretching from West End Road to Handford Road and from Princes Street to the Yarmouth Road/London Road junction.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 3 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 4 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 5 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 6 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 7 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 8 Did you stop for a pint in one of these Foxhall Road pubs?
- 9 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 10 Huge response to plans for new Ipswich medical centre
The area is aiming to create a village-style atmosphere in the heart of the town.