Major boost for Ipswich Village
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road.
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.
An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road. It will also include a three-storey building with 46 flats fronting Russell Road, opposite the new building currently being constructed for TXU Energi.
The application has been registered by property developers, North West Estates, and the freehold of the building would be owned by the Mars Pension Fund.
Next month construction work starts on the new Crown Court building between Russell Road and West End Road, opposite the Princes Street fire station.
You may also want to watch:
The offices planned for the site have already attracted attention from legal firms preparing to move near the town's major court centre.
Ipswich Village is the area around the football club stretching from West End Road to Handford Road and from Princes Street to the Yarmouth Road/London Road junction.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town
The area is aiming to create a village-style atmosphere in the heart of the town.