Major boost for Ipswich Village
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road.
IPSWICH Village today got another massive shot in the arm with proposals for another major new development.
An application was today submitted to Ipswich council for the construction of a new seven-storey office block fronting West End Road. It will also include a three-storey building with 46 flats fronting Russell Road, opposite the new building currently being constructed for TXU Energi.
The application has been registered by property developers, North West Estates, and the freehold of the building would be owned by the Mars Pension Fund.
Next month construction work starts on the new Crown Court building between Russell Road and West End Road, opposite the Princes Street fire station.
You may also want to watch:
The offices planned for the site have already attracted attention from legal firms preparing to move near the town's major court centre.
Ipswich Village is the area around the football club stretching from West End Road to Handford Road and from Princes Street to the Yarmouth Road/London Road junction.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit
- 10 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
The area is aiming to create a village-style atmosphere in the heart of the town.