Major Ipswich road closed after crash traps man in car
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A car ended up on its roof after a collision which has closed a stretch of Foxhall Road leading to the A12.
Police were called shortly before 6am on Monday morning with reports of a single vehicle crash near the waste recycling centre on Foxhall Road.
Motorists heading out of Ipswich are being warned that the road is currently closed between the A12 roundabout and Dobbs Lane.
Two fire engines were dispatched to the scene where crew members worked to free an injured man from his vehicle.
He was subsequently taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS) said: “A SARS volunteer critical care paramedic was mobilised to attend a road traffic collision on the Foxhall Road in Ipswich early October 29.
“The SARS CCP assessed and treated a male patient, in his 30s, administering specialist pain relieving drugs before he was later taken to hospital by land ambulance.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
“On arrival the patient was believed to be in a stable condition.”