Make-over magic for Kevin
GETTING buffed and preened while wearing little more than a G-string in front of millions of people sounds like most people's nightmare.But for Ipswich man Kevin Bernhardt it really was a great day to remember after he appeared on Channel Four's The Salon.
GETTING buffed and preened while wearing little more than a G-string in front of millions of people sounds like most people's nightmare.
But for Ipswich man Kevin Bernhardt it really was a great day to remember after he appeared on Channel Four's The Salon.
The Salon is the latest in the channel's line of reality television which follows the fortunes of a hairdressers and beauty therapists, set-up especially for the show, and all the characters working there.
Kevin was looking for a new image in preparation for his 30th birthday bash in Ipswich and applying to be pampered on the hit show seemed like the perfect birthday present to himself.
"I decided to email them and just told them I was having a big party and wanted a new image. I didn't think anything else of it but then I got a call on my mobile.
"It was a great experience and very relaxed. Once I had gone into the treatment room I forgot the cameras were on me," laughed the 29-year-old.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Kevin's work mates from AXA were able to watch him transform from pasty white to golden brown when they all went over to The Curve Bar in Ipswich to watch the programme which saw Kevin get an all-over body tan.
He continued: "I was a bit conscious at first but soon I started having a laugh with Ollie off the show who was doing my treatment and it was good fun.
"My friends also came along and they were allowed to chill out around the jacuzzi. It was a bit weird when we first walked in and we all got a fit of the giggles. You go past the security guards and then you see the big doors that are on telly.
"I was shaking when I had to walk through but it was fine in the end," he laughed.
N Are you getting tried of reality Tv or is the best thing on our screens? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, fax 01473 324850 or e-mail EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk.