Make-over magic for Kevin
GETTING buffed and preened while wearing little more than a G-string in front of millions of people sounds like most people's nightmare.But for Ipswich man Kevin Bernhardt it really was a great day to remember after he appeared on Channel Four's The Salon.
GETTING buffed and preened while wearing little more than a G-string in front of millions of people sounds like most people's nightmare.
But for Ipswich man Kevin Bernhardt it really was a great day to remember after he appeared on Channel Four's The Salon.
The Salon is the latest in the channel's line of reality television which follows the fortunes of a hairdressers and beauty therapists, set-up especially for the show, and all the characters working there.
Kevin was looking for a new image in preparation for his 30th birthday bash in Ipswich and applying to be pampered on the hit show seemed like the perfect birthday present to himself.
You may also want to watch:
"I decided to email them and just told them I was having a big party and wanted a new image. I didn't think anything else of it but then I got a call on my mobile.
"It was a great experience and very relaxed. Once I had gone into the treatment room I forgot the cameras were on me," laughed the 29-year-old.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
- 8 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Ipswich Hospital gets new tech to stop people overpaying for parking
Kevin's work mates from AXA were able to watch him transform from pasty white to golden brown when they all went over to The Curve Bar in Ipswich to watch the programme which saw Kevin get an all-over body tan.
He continued: "I was a bit conscious at first but soon I started having a laugh with Ollie off the show who was doing my treatment and it was good fun.
"My friends also came along and they were allowed to chill out around the jacuzzi. It was a bit weird when we first walked in and we all got a fit of the giggles. You go past the security guards and then you see the big doors that are on telly.
"I was shaking when I had to walk through but it was fine in the end," he laughed.
N Are you getting tried of reality Tv or is the best thing on our screens? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, fax 01473 324850 or e-mail EveningStarLetters@eveningstar.co.uk.