Man accused of grievous bodily harm on 63-year-old outside Ipswich pub
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with grievous bodily harm after a 63-year-old received serious head injuries during an early morning assault outside an Ipswich pub.
Dale Thompson, of Chaucer Road, Ipswich, arrested after the incident, which happened at around 3am, on December 12, at The Inkerman on the corner of Norwich Road and Chevallier Street.
The 37-year-old was interviewed by officers before being released on bail, pending further enquiries.
He answered his bail at the Martlesham police investigation centre at Suffolk Constabulary headquarters where he was charged.
Karen Willie, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said Thompson is accused of grievous bodily harm with intent.
He is due to make his first appearance on the allegation at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on June 14.
Thompson is currently on bail.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
The 63-year-old male victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital following the assault.