Man admits torture and kidnap charges
AN Ipswich man has admitted kidnapping and torturing a former drug runner.Sebastian Lawrence, 21, of no fixed abode in Ipswich, admitted charges of false imprisonment, assault and an additional charge of making unwarranted demands with menaces for money.
AN Ipswich man has admitted kidnapping and torturing a former drug runner.
Sebastian Lawrence, 21, of no fixed abode in Ipswich, admitted charges of false imprisonment, assault and an additional charge of making unwarranted demands with menaces for money.
The offences took place last September against former Ipswich drug dealer Muhidin Muhidin, who gave evidence in the Norwich Crown Court trial via video link.
At the start of the trial the court heard from John Farmer, prosecuting, that Muhidin and a friend had gone to Ipswich and agreed to work as runners delivering drugs.
You may also want to watch:
They were given a mobile phone an a car to use in making deliveries and worked for a week to a week and a half, taking about £1,400 and day and getting paid between £100 and £150 each themselves.
Muhidin then decided he no longer wanted to work as a runner for heroin and crack cocaine and claimed he had returned the remaining stocks of drugs and £360 to Lawrence before leaving.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 9 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 10 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
The prosecution said when Mr Muhidin, now living in Norwich, visited Ipswich last year he was taken to a house in Woolverstone Close by three men. He was then strip-searched, had money demanded from him and beaten up.
The ordeal continued when he was taken to another house in Kingston Road where a hot iron was put against his face and the muzzle of a gun was put in his mouth.
Mr Muhidin said Lawrence held him during the car journeys.
He only managed to escape at 4.30am on September 17 as he was being taken back to the car.
Lawrence previously admitted being present but denied taking an active part in the kidnap and assault.
Lawrence's co-accused, Chudi Eze, 22, of Beaconsfield Road, Ipswich, denies committing any offences against Mr Muhidin.
Lawrence had been remanded in custody and his case had been adjourned for a pre sentence report.
The trial continues in the case of Eze.