Man and woman punched as they walked along Foundry Lane, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman were punched as they walked in Ipswich at the weekend.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the assault, which took place on Sunday, December 10, just after midnight.
The victims were walking along Foundry Lane when two men walked past them before turning and punching the man in the face.
He was knocked to the ground unconscious and sustained a serious head injury. The woman was also punched by one of the offenders, causing a bruise and swelling.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended and the injured male victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
The two offenders are described as two men, one about 6ft tall and the other about 5ft 10in. Both men were in their 30s with tanned complexions and were wearing dark clothes with their hoods up.
Police would be interested in hearing from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or seen or heard anyone acting suspiciously in the Foundry Lane area at the time of the offence, from late Saturday evening into the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
Anyone with any information should contact south CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting crime number 37/78531/17.