Man and woman punched as they walked along Foundry Lane, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman were punched as they walked in Ipswich at the weekend.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the assault, which took place on Sunday, December 10, just after midnight.
The victims were walking along Foundry Lane when two men walked past them before turning and punching the man in the face.
He was knocked to the ground unconscious and sustained a serious head injury. The woman was also punched by one of the offenders, causing a bruise and swelling.
The East of England Ambulance Service attended and the injured male victim was taken to Ipswich Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The two offenders are described as two men, one about 6ft tall and the other about 5ft 10in. Both men were in their 30s with tanned complexions and were wearing dark clothes with their hoods up.
Police would be interested in hearing from anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or seen or heard anyone acting suspiciously in the Foundry Lane area at the time of the offence, from late Saturday evening into the early hours of Sunday morning.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 4 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 5 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 6 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 10 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
Anyone with any information should contact south CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting crime number 37/78531/17.