Man arrested after 14-year-old boy assaulted in Norwich Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a teenager in connection with the assault of a 14-year-old boy in Ipswich last weekend.
Officers were called at around 6.40pm on Saturday by the East of England Ambulance Service Trust to reports that a 14-year-old boy had been assaulted in Norwich Road.
As police arrived at the scene, the boy was being taken to Ipswich Hospital with superficial cut injuries to the face.
Police today announced that they have arrested a 19-year-old man, from Ipswich, in connection with the assault. He was yesterday brought into custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where he was interviewed by officers. The man has now been bailed to return to police on May 1.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested a 29-year-old man on suspicion of assault, but he has now been eliminated from the inquiry.
Any witnesses are asked to contact police by telephoning 101 and quoting reference 19673/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products