Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- Credit: Archant
Cordons were in place at Ipswich Station after a man was arrested under suspicion of possessing a firearm.
An area outside the station and a platform was blocked off and people were being safely escorted into and out of the station.
British Transport Police said: "Officers were called to Ipswich Station at 4pm after a suspicious package was reported.
"The station was closed as a precaution while enquiries are ongoing and specialist officers assess the scene.
"Officers conducted a search of the station and nothing further was found."
The station has now reopened and train services are operating as normal.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing