Man arrested following double road death
AN Ipswich man has been arrested after two people died in a road accident near Suffolk's border with Essex.The accident, which claimed the lives of a 29-year-old man from Ipswich and a 41-year-old man form Bishop Stortford, happened at around 6.15pm yesterday.
AN Ipswich man has been arrested after two people died in a road accident near Suffolk's border with Essex.
The accident, which claimed the lives of a 29-year-old man from Ipswich and a 41-year-old man from Bishop Stortford, happened at around 6.15pm yesterday on the B1054, Sturmer Road, near the village of New England, Haverhill.
A spokeswoman for Essex police said two men from Ipswich were riding in convoy towards New England when a collision occurred involving a motorbike being ridden in the opposite direction.
The 29-year-old Ipswich man, riding a red and white Yamaha motorbike, and the 41-year-old Bishop Stortford man, riding a black Aprilla motorbike, both died at the scene.
A 31-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested and has given a statement to police.
He has been bailed to report to police in January 2008.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 4 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 5 Ipswich man and Cadillac films with The Only Way Is Essex
- 6 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 7 60 year old family business enters third generation
- 8 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 9 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 10 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Pc Kevin Langford on 01376 330722.