Man arrested following double road death
AN Ipswich man has been arrested after two people died in a road accident near Suffolk's border with Essex.The accident, which claimed the lives of a 29-year-old man from Ipswich and a 41-year-old man form Bishop Stortford, happened at around 6.15pm yesterday.
AN Ipswich man has been arrested after two people died in a road accident near Suffolk's border with Essex.
The accident, which claimed the lives of a 29-year-old man from Ipswich and a 41-year-old man from Bishop Stortford, happened at around 6.15pm yesterday on the B1054, Sturmer Road, near the village of New England, Haverhill.
A spokeswoman for Essex police said two men from Ipswich were riding in convoy towards New England when a collision occurred involving a motorbike being ridden in the opposite direction.
The 29-year-old Ipswich man, riding a red and white Yamaha motorbike, and the 41-year-old Bishop Stortford man, riding a black Aprilla motorbike, both died at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A 31-year-old man from Ipswich was arrested and has given a statement to police.
He has been bailed to report to police in January 2008.
- 1 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 4 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 5 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 6 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 7 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 8 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 9 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 10 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Pc Kevin Langford on 01376 330722.