Man arrested in connection to Foundation Street stabbings after car ends up on roof on A12 at Colchester
- Credit: Archant
A 30-year-old man has been arrested in connection to a double stabbing in Foundation Street in Ipswich after a car failed to stop for police on the A12 near Colchester last night and ended up on its roof.
A spokeswoman for Essex police said the 30-year-old man from Ealing and a 22-year-old woman from Ipswich were arrested after a grey Audi A5 failed to stop for officers on the northbound A12 at Colchester.
She said: “The vehicle ended up on its side and the occupants arrested were initially taken to hospital as a precaution before being taken into custody.”
Two police officers suffered minor injuries during the incident.
The man was arrested on suspicion of failing to stop for police, dangerous driving and possession of class A drugs with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
He was also arrested on behalf of Suffolk police on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection to the Foundation Street incident.
The woman was arrested on suspicion of possession of class A drugs.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 10 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned