Man assaulted paramedic
A DIABETIC assaulted a paramedic who went to treat him when he became unwell in a pub.Kevin Perrement, of Dunbarton Road, Ipswich, was drinking in the Golden Lion, in Ipswich, on Wednesday, December 27, when he called an ambulance.
A DIABETIC assaulted a paramedic who went to treat him when he became unwell in a pub.
Kevin Perrement, of Dunbarton Road, Ipswich, was drinking in the Golden Lion, in Ipswich, on Wednesday, December 27, when he called an ambulance.
When a paramedic arrived Perrement hit him in the jaw and swore at him.
The 33-year-old pleaded guilty to assault by beating when he appeared at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Tuesday .
The paramedic checked Perrement's sugar levels as he thought the attack may have been the result of a glycaemic attack, linked to diabetes. However, the levels were normal.
Perrement, who had drunk seven pints in under two hours, said: “I was well out of order.”
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
He was ordered to pay the victim £200 compensation and pay £43 court costs.