Man bailed after man in his 60s left with head injuries following assault outside the Inkerman in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A pub in Ipswich was cordoned off on Saturday morning after a serious assault.
Officers were called to the Norwich Road and Chevallier Street junction, near the Inkerman pub, at 3am on Saturday.
A man in his 60s had been assaulted and suffered head injuries. He was subsequently taken to hospital.
A 37-year-old man from the town was arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm in connection with the incident, and taken to Martlesham police investigation centre for questioning.
He has now been released on police bail until Friday January 29 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information should call Ipswich CID on 101.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
The footpath around the Inkerman was cordoned off by officers as a forensics team examined the scene, but this was taken down in the early part of the afternoon.