Man charged following stabbing
A MAN is in custody today following the stabbing of a man in an Ipswich club.Rory Bantock was charged with unlawfully wounding Laine Pond and appeared before magistrates yesterday where he did not enter a plea.
A MAN is in custody today following the stabbing of a man in an Ipswich club.
Rory Bantock was charged with unlawfully wounding Laine Pond and appeared before magistrates yesterday where he did not enter a plea.
The 26-year-old of Bury Road, Lawshall is alleged to have stabbed Mr Pond in the neck about 3am on Saturday at Ipswich's Caribbean Club.
A fight is believed to have broken out in the Woodbridge Road club which then was carried out on to the street.
Mr Pond had to undergo surgery after one of the arteries in his neck was damaged during the fight.
Mr Pond, who is thought to live in east Ipswich, was taken to Ipswich Hospital but left the hospital over the weekend.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
An area of Woodbridge Road was cordoned off for much of Saturday while police examined the scene.
Bantock appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Boxing Day where he was charged with unlawful wounding with intent to commit grievous bodily harm.
His case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court and will be heard on January 4.
Bantock was remanded in custody.
Another man was due to appear in court today following the death of a man in Bury St Edmunds on Christmas Eve.
Prince Kofi Komsoon, 22 died in the early hours of Sunday morning after he was stabbed in the chest seven times at a property in St John's Place, in the town.
Kwabena Asamadu, 28, also of St John's Place was charged with murder following the incident. He was due to appear at Sudbury Magistrates Court today.
Another 22-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the incident was last night released on police bail pending further inquiries and ordered to report back to Bury St Edmunds Police Station on Thursday.