Man critical after Orwell Bridge crash
VIDEO Thousands of motorists are facing delays today following a three-vehicle crash on the Orwell Bridge which has left a man with serious head injuries.The accident took place on the westbound carriageway at around 12.45pm and involved a Ford Mondeo, a lorry and a van.
THOUSANDS of motorists are facing delays today following a three-vehicle crash on the Orwell Bridge which has left a man with serious head injuries.
The accident took place on the westbound carriageway at around 12.45pm and involved a Ford Mondeo, a lorry and a van.
Two other men were also injured, although not seriously.
Police immediately closed the road at the time of the accident which has now been reopened although severe delays are expected.
The three injured men were taken by road ambulance to Ipswich Hospital. The air ambulance was called, and landed on the bridge, but did not transport any patients.
There have been reports of tailbacks stretching as far as Trimley.
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 6 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 7 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 8 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 9 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
The A12 has also been affected around the Seven Hills interchange, while the A1156 is said to be heavily congested.
Keep checking www.eveningstar.co.uk for regular updates.