Man Dead After Road Smash
A MAN has died today following a road accident in Ipswich.Emergency services were called to College Street at about 4pm after a silver Mitsubishi Shogun hit a wall bordering wasteland, which runs alongside the one way street.
A MAN has died today following a road accident in Ipswich.
Emergency services were called to College Street at about 4pm after a silver Mitsubishi Shogun hit a wall bordering wasteland, which runs alongside the one way street.
It is believed he may have suffered a heart attack.
Speaking at the scene Sgt Chris Rodda of Suffolk Roads Policing said the road was blocked for about half an hour and diversions were put in place.
He said: "Paramedics suspect the driver suffered a medical episode."
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the man was taken to Ipswich Hospital where he later died.
- 1 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 Ipswich cannabis dealer avoids immediate jail sentence
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 7 Delays on A14 after two-vehicle crash
- 8 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 9 Soldier headbutted police officer after being caught drink driving
- 10 Impact of pandemic on Ipswich town centre outlined in report
He has not yet been named.
For the full story see tomorrow's Evening Star.