Man denies Stowupland murder charge
A STOWMARKET man has pleaded not guilty to the murder of a 21-year-old in Stowupland.Zak Hockley-Brown died of stab wounds in the early hours of September 10 in Trinity Close, Stowupland.
A STOWMARKET man has pleaded not guilty to the murder of a 21-year-old in Stowupland.
Zak Hockley-Brown died after suffering stab wounds in the early hours of September 10 in Trinity Walk.
Today at Ipswich Crown Court Kieran Botterill, 26, pleaded not guilty to a charge of murder.
Botterill, of Soames Close, was charged in September after being arrested in Stowupland Road, Stowmarket, and appeared at Sudbury Magistrates' Court where his case was committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
At today's hearing, he was remanded in custody and will stand trial in May next year.
Mr Hockley-Brown was found dead by paramedics after they were called to an incident in Trinity Walk shortly before 3am.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
Following the discovery, roads were cordoned off and a mobile incident room was set up.