Man dies at property in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A man believed to be in his 60s died at a home in Ipswich today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were sent to the property in Woodbridge Road, near the junction with Jupiter Road, shortly before 12noon.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the man was first reported as being “unwell”.
She added: “His condition deteriorated and he went into cardiac arrest.
“Advanced life-saving treatment was used but sadly he was deceased at the scene despite everyone’s efforts.”
The man was believed to be aged in his 60s, the spokesman added.
Two fire crews were called to the scene and firefighters used aerial ladder equipment to remove the man from the property.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 3 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 4 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 7 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
- 8 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after car crashes into parked vehicle
- 10 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
Suffolk Constabulary attended to close the road. It reopened around 2.25pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious, a police spokeswoman said.