Man dies at property in Woodbridge Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A man believed to be in his 60s died at a home in Ipswich today after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Police, ambulance and fire crews were sent to the property in Woodbridge Road, near the junction with Jupiter Road, shortly before 12noon.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said the man was first reported as being “unwell”.
She added: “His condition deteriorated and he went into cardiac arrest.
“Advanced life-saving treatment was used but sadly he was deceased at the scene despite everyone’s efforts.”
You may also want to watch:
The man was believed to be aged in his 60s, the spokesman added.
Two fire crews were called to the scene and firefighters used aerial ladder equipment to remove the man from the property.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 7 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 8 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Revealed: The most popular names for babies born in Suffolk in 2020
Suffolk Constabulary attended to close the road. It reopened around 2.25pm.
The death is not being treated as suspicious, a police spokeswoman said.