Man dies in car crash
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.
The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
A male passenger in the Renault was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, along with a female passenger in the other car - a VW Golf - but neither were believed to have life-threatening injuries.
Fire crews from Ixworth, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds helped free the victims from the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not provide details of those involved last night as the next of kin had not been informed.
They would like to hear from the driver of a vehicle travelling towards the A14 from the Thetford direction immediately in front of the Renault 21.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500.