Man dies in car crash
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.
The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
A male passenger in the Renault was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, along with a female passenger in the other car - a VW Golf - but neither were believed to have life-threatening injuries.
Fire crews from Ixworth, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds helped free the victims from the wreckage.
Police could not provide details of those involved last night as the next of kin had not been informed.
They would like to hear from the driver of a vehicle travelling towards the A14 from the Thetford direction immediately in front of the Renault 21.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500.