Man dies in car crash
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
POLICE are today informing next of kin after a man died following a two car crash on the A1088 near Stowlangtoft.
The driver of a Renault 21 car was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision, which happened yesterday at around 6pm.
A male passenger in the Renault was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital, Bury St Edmunds, along with a female passenger in the other car - a VW Golf - but neither were believed to have life-threatening injuries.
Fire crews from Ixworth, Elmswell and Bury St Edmunds helped free the victims from the wreckage.
You may also want to watch:
Police could not provide details of those involved last night as the next of kin had not been informed.
They would like to hear from the driver of a vehicle travelling towards the A14 from the Thetford direction immediately in front of the Renault 21.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Ipswich police on 01473 613500.