Man dies in caravan smash
AN AMBULANCE crew was unable to save an elderly man's life after a smash near Woodbridge this morning.Details were unclear as The Evening Star went to press, and it was not certain if the man died of injuries were suffered in the collision, or a medical condition.
AN AMBULANCE crew was unable to save an elderly man's life after a smash near Woodbridge this morning.
Details were unclear as The Evening Star went to press, and it was not certain if the man died of injuries were suffered in the collision, or a medical condition.
Emergency services were called to Woods Lane in Melton just before 9.20am. They found a crash involving three cars and a caravan.
A police spokeswoman said the situation was under investigation and could not offer any details about the cause of the smash.
You may also want to watch:
She said a BMW, a Honda Accord and a Citroen Xantia were the cars involved, but could not confirm which was being driven by the elderly man.
A caravan was also involved in the pile-up.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 5 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 3 new eateries for you to try as Covid rules ease
- 10 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust confirmed a paramedic crew had taken a man to Ipswich Hospital, but could not give any details about the cause of his death.
Traffic had started to back up after the crash, and the police spokeswoman said it was likely the road would be blocked until at least midday.