Man faces drink-drive charge
A LOCAL man is to face a drink driving charge after a car fell on to the main London railway line near Manningtree.Over the weekend, a man from the Lawford area was charged with the offence following the accident just off the A137 near Ardleigh.
A LOCAL man is to face a drink driving charge after a car fell on to the main London railway line near Manningtree.
Over the weekend, a man from the Lawford area was charged with the offence following the accident just off the A137 near Ardleigh.
The 30-year-old will appear before magistrates this week.
The Mazda car had been travelling from the Colchester direction when it left the road at the railway bridge.
You may also want to watch:
The accident, which happened at 11.30pm on Friday, came less than four weeks after a lorry cab veered onto to a nearby stretch of the same railway line.
On July 1, the cab of a Scania lorry landed on almost exactly the same spot before being hit by a 1,000 tonne freight train and being carried a quarter of a mile down the railway line.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 5 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 9 Ipswich woman's drug dealing confiscation hearing adjourned
- 10 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
Residents living close to the bridge fear that unless action is taken, somebody will be killed on the stretch of line.
They are calling for safety barriers to be installed along the road close to the bridge and for the speed limit to be reduced for cars crossing over the railway line.