Man falls and breaks leg while being chased by police after suspected burglary in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man broke his leg while being chased by police after officers were despatched to a suspected burglary in east Ipswich early today.
The man, who is believed, to be in his 40s, is understood to have tripped and fallen as police were pursuing him and another male.
Suffolk Constabulary has said the injured man was taken to Ipswich Hospital and a spokeswoman confirmed he has sustained a broken leg.
Police have stressed that he has not been arrested, although he will be interviewed at some stage over the suspected break-in by officers.
The second man who is aged in his 20s was arrested but has been released on bail.
He was taken to the police investigation centre at the constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters where he was due to be interviewed today.
The incident occurred after a burglar alarm was triggered at a business premises in the Landseer Road area.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 8 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 9 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 10 Suffolk Pita festival returns for 10th anniversary
Police were alerted at 12.20am.
Anne-Marie Breach, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Officers attended and two men fled the property. Both were detained by police a short time later.
“One of the two men was taken to hospital after sustaining a broken leg.”