Man falls to his death from Highcliffe House Nursing Home in Felixstowe
- Credit: Archant
A man has fallen to his death from a nursing home in Felixstowe, police have confirmed.
Emergency services were called to Highcliffe House Nursing Home in Cobbold Road at 6.10am.
Despite the best efforts of paramedics, the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
An investigation into the death will now take place, but there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances, police said.
Highcliffe House Nursing Home has declined to comment at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “Two ambulance crews and an ambulance officer attended to a man who was unconscious and not breathing.
“Sadly, the patient died at the scene.”
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 7 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 8 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
The 30-bed residential home offers accommodation for people over the age of 65 who need nursing or personal care, including end of life support and help for people living with dementia.
In its latest inspection by the Care Quality Commission in May 2016 Highcliffe was rated as ‘requires improvement’.