Man fights for life after brawl
A YOUNG man was fighting for his life in hospital today after a street brawl in Ipswich.The man, who is believed to be from Claydon and aged around 20, is currently in the intensive treatment unit at Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries.
A YOUNG man was fighting for his life in hospital today after a street brawl in Ipswich.
The man, who is believed to be from Claydon and aged around 20, is currently in the intensive treatment unit at Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said a fight is thought to have broken out in the toilets at Fire and Ice, in Tacket Street, on Saturday evening between two groups.
That later continued outside The Old Rep, in Tower Street leaving several people in need of hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
She said the area would have been busy at the time and there were likely to be several witnesses to the incident who she urged to contact police.
Several people are thought to have needed hospital treatment although it is unclear how many were involved in the disturbance.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 5 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
Police were called to the scene at 11.30pm and at least two ambulances are thought to have attended.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust said an ambulance was called to a public house in Tavern Street about 11.35pm after reports a man was unconscious.
A man has been arrested on suspicion of committing grievous bodily harm in relation to the incident.
The 20-year-old, from Ipswich, has been released on police bail until September 26, pending further inquiries.
Anyone with information about the incident should call Dc Ann Baker at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
Did you witness the incident? Do you know who was involved? Call The Evening Star newsdesk on 01473 324788 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.