Man found dead in woodland near Levington was in his 20s and living in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A man found dead near Ipswich on Monday was aged in his 20s and had been living in Essex, police have said.
The man’s death is not being treated as suspicious and an inquest is due to be held at a later date.
It is understood the man, who is believed to have links to the Bristol area, was seen in woodland by a member of the public who alerted police.
The tragedy occurred in Felixstowe Road, Levington.
Emergency services were called at 1.25pm on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
The matter has now been passed to the coroner’s office.
Cat Cowie, a police spokeswoman, said: “The deceased was in his 20s and is believed to be from Essex. A file has been prepared for the coroner and an inquest will be held in due course.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The man’s name will not be made public until his inquest opens. Shortly after the discovery of the man’s body, police said the death was being treated as unexplained as there were not believed to be suspicious circumstances.