Man held after children killed in house blaze
A 21-year-old man has today been arrested after two children died in a house fire.
The blaze broke out at the home in Bradford, West Yorkshire at around 12.45am.
A spokeswoman for West Yorkshire Police said two young children suffered fatal injuries and a 30-year-old woman has been taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary with life-threatening injuries.
She said: “A 30-year-old woman has been taken to Bradford Royal Infirmary for treatment to life-threatening injuries.
“A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“He is in police custody. An investigation has been launched to establish the full circumstances.”
- 1 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Ipswich reports England's highest rise in Covid infection rate
- 5 Budding musician caught with drugs in buttocks is spared prison
- 6 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 7 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 8 Arrest warrants issued for men facing sheep charges
- 9 Anger as 'three to four large skips' of fly-tipped rubbish blocks road
- 10 MoD warns about late-night Apache training