Man hit by phone muggers
AN investigation has been launched after a man was assaulted when he refused to hand over his mobile phone. The incident took place in Pitcairn Road, Ipswich at about 10pm on Monday as a 21-year-old man walked near to the junction with Bramford Lane.
AN investigation has been launched after a man was assaulted when he refused to hand over his mobile phone.
The incident took place in Pitcairn Road, Ipswich at about 10pm on Monday as a 21-year-old man walked near to the junction with Bramford Lane.
A group of about five white men called him over before one of the group demanded his mobile phone.
When the victim refused, he was assaulted. Another of the men tried to punch him while another grabbed hold of him, but the victim managed to resist and the group left empty-handed.
The man who demanded the mobile phone was in his late 20s to early 30s, 5ft 7ins to 5ft 10ins, of slim build with shaved hair and was wearing a black short sleeved round neck t-shirt and white trainers.
The man who tried to punch the victim was of a similar age, 6ft 1ins to 6ft4ins, of slim build, with short dark brown hair with a quaff at the front and was wearing a white short sleeved round neck t-shirt.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 7 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 8 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 9 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 10 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
The man who grabbed the victim during the incident was in his early to mid 30s, 6ft 2ins to 6ft4ins, of stocky build and was wearing a black hooded top with the hood up.
Those with information should call Sgt Karl Nightingale at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.