Man in 20s suffers electric shock in Ipswich Wilko
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to help a man aged in his 20s who was reported to have suffered an electric shock in a town centre shop today.
The incident happened in the Wilko store in Upper Brook Street, Ipswich, around 4.40pm.
Police and one ambulance crew were sent to the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called to a report of a man in his 20s who had suffered an electric shock.
“He is conscious and breathing, so it is not an electrocution.”
The ambulance spokesman said he did not know how the man sustained the shock.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said it was a “medical incident” and police were there to support the ambulance service.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 3 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 4 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 5 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 6 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 7 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 8 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 9 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 10 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
The man was treated by paramedics in the shop but did require hospital treatment.