Man in Corsa arrested for drink driving after ‘cutting up’ motorists and crashing on A12 near Copdock
- Credit: Archant
Two cars collided on the A12 northbound after witnesses described one driver as acting erratically.
A man in a Vauxhall Corsa was arrested on suspicion of drink driving by police after he collided with a Nissan Qashqai on the A12 northbound between Capel St Mary and the Copdock junction.
Witnesses first called the police claiming the Corsa driver was “cutting up” other motorists and driving erratically at around 5.25pm today (September 22).
Police were then informed that the silver Vauxhall had crashed into a white Nissan at around 5.30pm.
They arrived on the scene at 5.44pm and the Corsa driver is said to have failed a roadside breathalyser test.
He was then arrested and taken to Martlesham police station.
An ambulance was called for the female driver of the Nissan, who complained of a hurt neck. It arrived at 6.20pm.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 3 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 4 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 5 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 6 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 7 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 8 Judge reassures town centre is 'open for business' after robbery trial
- 9 Driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash near Ipswich train station
- 10 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
The lane reopened after vehicle recovery at around 6.50pm.