Man in court over attempted murder
A MAN has appeared in court today charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in Ipswich.Damien Brauer, 20, of Woodbridge Road, spoke only to confirm his name during a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
A MAN has appeared in court charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in Ipswich.
Damien Brauer, 20, of Woodbridge Road, spoke only to confirm his name during a hearing at South East Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Saturday.
The charge relates to an incident in the early hours of Sunday May 27 when 19-year-old Matthew Buckman, of Kesgrave, was assaulted in an alleyway off Upper Brook Street.
Mr Buckman suffered serious injuries and was at one point fighting for his life at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
He is currently said to be in a stable condition.
No application for bail was made and Brauer, originally of Poland, was remanded in custody until a further hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on June 14. He did not enter a plea at today's hearing.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 8 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 9 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
Wearing a pink polo shirt and sporting tattoos on both arms, Brauer wept as the reasons for not granting bail were read out to him via a translator.
Police are still hunting a second man in connection with the incident.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.