Man injured in high speed smash on A12
A MAN was taken to hospital after a high-speed smash on the A12.Sean Milton, 35, of North London, suffered back injuries after his Transit van clipped the back of a Mini on the north-bound carriageway at Copdock.
A MAN is recovering at home today after the van he was driving crashed into the central reservation on the A12.
Sean Milton, 35, of north London, was taken to hospital after his Transit van clipped the back of a Mini on the north-bound carriageway at Copdock.
PC Graham Amey, supervising the crash scene, said the Transit careered into the central reservation crash barrier.
He said Mr Milton had been trying to overtake the Mini when the accident happened at about 2.30pm.
Mr Milton's van flipped over after hitting the barrier and went into a spin down the carriageway.
PC Amey said Mr Milton was taken to hospital with severe cuts but the injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
Mr Milton was seen by doctors in the accident and emergency department at Ipswich Hospital and then discharged late yesterday evening.
The Mini, which was carrying two young women, flipped onto its roof. Luckily, neither woman was injured.
PC Amey said 18-year-old driver Nicole Weller, of Elmstead, near Colchester, had been shaken up by the accident but neither her nor her passenger needed medical treatment.
Queues stretched as far back as the Capel St Mary slip road. Despite traffic being allowed to pass the crash scene, traffic was still moving slowly at teatime.