Man killed by crisps

A MAN choked to death on crisps, an inquest heard today.

A MAN choked to death on crisps, an inquest heard today.

Iain Ward was travelling in a delivery van with two colleagues on the A12 at Marks Tey in July last year when he sat bolt upright and was unable to draw breath.

He was taken to Colchester Hospital, but died later.

A post mortem showed that Mr Ward, 35, of Ilford, died from asphyxiation due to inhaled food.

At the hearing in Chelmsford Essex Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray said it was “the most tragic of accidents.”