Man killed in Suffolk car smash
A MAN was killed today in a two-vehicle smash on one of Suffolk's busiest roads.The accident, which involved a white maintenance vehicle and a white Toyota Corolla car, happened on the A14 at Bury St Edmunds shortly before noon.
A MAN was killed in a two-vehicle smash on one of Suffolk's busiest roads.
The accident, which involved a white maintenance vehicle and a white Toyota Corolla car, happened shortly before 11.50am yesterday on the eastbound carriageway of the A14 near the sugar beet factory at Bury St Edmunds.
Police, the fire service and ambulance service (including a rapid response unit, two ambulances, the air ambulance, two doctors and an ambulance officer) were all dispatched to the scene.
The crash blocked the eastbound carriageway, forcing police to put diversions in place until officers were able to open up the inside lane to traffic just over an hour after the accident.
The latest fatality is the sixth this year on Suffolk's roads.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products