Man on attempted rape charge
AN Ipswich man has appeared in court charged with a sex attack on a 49-year-old woman.Jamie Garnham, 30, of Shakespeare Road, appeared before South East Suffolk magistrates charged with attempted rape.
AN Ipswich man has appeared in court charged with a sex attack on a 49-year-old woman.
Jamie Garnham, 30, of Shakespeare Road, appeared before South East Suffolk magistrates charged with attempted rape.
Garnham spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, gave magistrates a brief outline of the alleged incident.
You may also want to watch:
He reminded them attempted rape was a charge that could only be heard at Crown Court and asked for Garnham to be remanded in custody.
Graham Skippen, defending, made no application for bail on behalf of his client.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
Garnham was remanded in custody and was ordered to make a first appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on July 9.
The alleged attack happened some time between 11.10pm on Friday night and 3am on Saturday morning in Maidenhall Green, Ipswich.
Residents around Maidenhall Green awoke to find the bus stop cordoned off by police tape early on Saturday morning.
Police officers carried out a thorough search of the area close to the bus stop and surrounding bushes.
Garnham's solicitors, Fisons and Company are appealing for two people who walked along Maidenhall Green at around 2.30am on Saturday and may have witnessed the incident to come forward.
These people should call Fison and Company on 01473 280900.