Man on attempted rape charge
AN Ipswich man has appeared in court charged with a sex attack on a 49-year-old woman.Jamie Garnham, 30, of Shakespeare Road, appeared before South East Suffolk magistrates charged with attempted rape.
AN Ipswich man has appeared in court charged with a sex attack on a 49-year-old woman.
Jamie Garnham, 30, of Shakespeare Road, appeared before South East Suffolk magistrates charged with attempted rape.
Garnham spoke only to confirm his name, age and address.
Michael Crimp, prosecuting, gave magistrates a brief outline of the alleged incident.
He reminded them attempted rape was a charge that could only be heard at Crown Court and asked for Garnham to be remanded in custody.
Graham Skippen, defending, made no application for bail on behalf of his client.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Garnham was remanded in custody and was ordered to make a first appearance at Ipswich Crown Court on July 9.
The alleged attack happened some time between 11.10pm on Friday night and 3am on Saturday morning in Maidenhall Green, Ipswich.
Residents around Maidenhall Green awoke to find the bus stop cordoned off by police tape early on Saturday morning.
Police officers carried out a thorough search of the area close to the bus stop and surrounding bushes.
Garnham's solicitors, Fisons and Company are appealing for two people who walked along Maidenhall Green at around 2.30am on Saturday and may have witnessed the incident to come forward.
These people should call Fison and Company on 01473 280900.