Man pulls gun in pub fracas
A MAN is in police custody today after pulling a handgun and threatening late-night revellers in Ipswich town centre.This terrifying incident is the latest in a series of violent scenes which have left taxi -rivers threatening a boycott.
A MAN is in police custody today after pulling a handgun and threatening late-night revellers in Ipswich town centre.
This terrifying incident is the latest in a series of violent scenes which have left taxi -rivers threatening a boycott.
People in the packed Glasshouse in The Buttermarket were shocked when a 20-year-old man brandished a .177 air pistol.
The drama unfolded after a man was ejected from the pub around 9.30pm. The man then pulled out what people thought was a gun and started brandishing it at the pub, before being overpowered by two men.
You may also want to watch:
A pub employee, who helped tackle the man, said: "A man was ejected for smacking a guy in the face. He then went outside, brandished a gun and then tried to get in the pub."
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 2 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 10 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues