Man questioned after raid
A 22-year-old Ipswich man is today in custody following an armed robbery at a supermarket petrol station.A balaclava-clad man threatened staff with a handgun at the Sainsbury's store in Warren Heath, Ipswich, around 8.
A 22-year-old Ipswich man is today in custody following an armed robbery at a supermarket petrol station.
A balaclava-clad man threatened staff with a handgun at the Sainsbury's store in Warren Heath, Ipswich, around 8.40pm last night and escaped with cash.
No one at the petrol station was able to talk about the raid today - and neither the police nor the company were prepared to say how much was taken.
The raider is believed to have made his way on foot to B&Q at Ransomes Europark, where it is thought he changed clothes.
You may also want to watch:
A quantity of cash was left at B&Q and the offender was described as a white male, of stocky build, with a close shaven head and wearing a blue jacket and grey trousers.
Police launched a major search of the area, including deploying the force helicopter and dogs.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
A man was arrested around 11pm in connection with incident and was being held at Felixstowe police station.
He was being interviewed but had not been charged as the Star went to press.
Police are appealing for witnesses to anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
Anyone with information, should call police on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.