Man rescued from burning flat

A MAN was rescued from a fire in a flat in the early hours of this morning.

Anthony Bond

A MAN was rescued from a fire in a flat in the early hours of this morning.

Firefighters were called to George Lambpton Avenue in Newmarket at 1.52am.

On arrival they located a fire in a first-floor flat and hallway.

Firefighters rescued one man from a first-floor bedroom window. Two people were treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation at the scene and were taken to hospital. The incident was over by 2.49am.