Man rescued from burning flat in Ipswich after kitchen caught fire
- Credit: Archant
A man was rescued from a burning flat in Ipswich last night after the kitchen caught fire.
An automatic fire alarm in Dunwich Court, Waveney Road, alerted fire services to the incident at 12.25am today.
Two fire engines from Princes Street attended the scene and a man was rescued before being treated for smoke inhalation.
A Suffolk Fire Service spokesman said: “We received a call to an automatic fire alarm at the above location and a fire engine from Princes Street, Ipswich was sent.
“On arrival crews discovered a smell they believed to be burning through the letterbox of the property. Crews then confirmed a fire at the premises and asked for assistance make pumps two. Therefore a second fire engine from Princes Street was mobilised to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
“Crews rescued a male from inside the premise and the ambulance service was called to treat him for smoke inhalation. Crews used two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the fire that was located in the kitchen.”
The fire was brought under control by 1.25am today.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths